Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Way of the Unfaithful... - repost

Solomon, in his Proverbs, tells us that, "...the way of the unfaithful is hard" (Proverbs 13:15). The whole book of Proverbs is like a song of praise, declaring the merits of the path of the righteous, as compared to the path of the wicked.

Kierkegaard said, "It costs a man just as much or even more to go to hell than to come to heaven". I am sure that is true. I can't imagine negotiating the questions and issues of this life without Christ.

Just the nuclear question of purpose, around which the matter of our lives circulates, hangs unstable without the core element of Creator.

There is none more lost than a man without Christ.

Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

The way of the unfaithful is hard. But His yoke is easy.

Preach the Gospel. We have Good News.