Friday, June 26, 2009

The Purpose of a Thing - repost

Who better knows the purpose of a thing than the Very Creator of the thing?

I recently updated the RAM in my laptop. I don't know where I found the courage, but I took off the bottom cover of my computer, yanked out a piece of plastic with a bunch of little blocky squares and dots on it, and replaced it with a piece of plastic that looked almost identical. Things seem to work better now.

I had heard that people of normal intelligence can accomplish this and I frequently declare that, "what one man can do another man can do" (except, of course, hit an iron out of the rough and around a tree like Tiger Woods). I also figured that, now that I am blogging, I should be able to remove the back of my laptop - if for no other reason than to see how my words get to the internet.

If you had handed me that piece of plastic I would have been clueless regarding its purpose. Fortunately I knew it was coming in the mail because I ordered it. If I wasn't expecting it I'm not sure what I would have done with it. It may have ended up under the leg of a shaky table or serving as a really cool bookmark. I probably would have found a use for it. That would have been abnormal use - or abuse. The disconnect with the creator's purpose would have had tragic results.

Happily, it ended up in the place that it was created to function at its best. It's working right now to get these words to you. Humming along (if it hums - I'm sure someone will correct me) and doing what I guess RAM does best.

You know where I'm going with this...

When we understand our design and position ourselves for best use (according to our Creator) we never function better. If we misunderstand our design we accept an abnormal use that is determined for us. We may experience some moments of humming, but extended humming for our highest purpose will remain beyond our reach. You see, the Creator knows what is best.

Scripture says, "Surely you have things turned around! Shall the potter be esteemed as the clay; For shall the thing made say of him who made it, “ He did not make me”? Or shall the thing formed say of him who formed it, “ He has no understanding”? (Isaiah 29:16).

When we partner with our Creator in the grand adventure of the realization of our purpose, we not only get closer to doing what we do best, but the journey itself becomes worthwhile as we grow closer to the One Who knows us best.

His will becomes our will.
His mind becomes our mind.
His compassion becomes our compassion.
His strength becomes our strength.
His priority becomes our priority.
His energy becomes our energy.
His anointing becomes our anointing.
His desire becomes our desire.
His peace becomes our peace.
His nature becomes our nature.
His status becomes our status.
His plan becomes our plan.
His destiny becomes our destiny.
His life becomes our life.
His purpose becomes our purpose.

I love My Creator.