Thursday, May 7, 2009

Passion Points to Purpose

Joshua saw the Promised Land, but had to wait 40 years to enter. His passion for seeing Canaan again, and the purpose that God had for him, sustained his life and he was able to see his purpose fulfilled.

Pharaoh was passionate about restraining God's people. Most reasonable people would have given in a lot sooner when the plagues started rolling over the land. But God had made Pharaoh passionate about his purpose. Moses told him "But indeed for this purpose I (God) have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth" (Exodus 9:16).

What we are passionate about points to our purpose.

There is no doubt in my mind that God wants to use us, that He has established a purpose for each of us (Psalm 119:13-16; Ephesians 2:10). And He has wired our redeemed passions to point to our purpose.

What are you passionate about? Grow in it. Read. Study. Pray. And see the purpose unfold.