Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Yes - but it is not I!" - repost

The story is told of Augustine, after his conversion, passing a former mistress on the street.

The mistress, in an attempt to lure him, said, "Augustine! It is I!".

Augustine's response, without even stopping, was, "Yes - but it is not I!"

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

If we are truly born-again, we will allow God to change us. It is inevitable and welcomed in the heart of anyone desiring to be more like Him.

We can accommodate His work in us by submitting to His Word and to the Greater One Who lives in us.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)