Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Next Thing

Life is full of transition.

Ed Cole wrote a book called, "
Entering and Leaving Crisis and Change", which instructed on this very true fact: that we are constantly and simultaneously leaving one thing while entering another. He also makes the point that the way we leave one thing will determine the way we enter the next thing.

In Christian-ese we say we carry a "spirit" about us that may come from the last experience or place. Or, when specific to relationships, we call them "soul ties". In mental health circles, we refer to them as "baggage" or "issues".

At any rate, it is our personal responsibility and daily challenge to leave and enter appropriately, having resolved the experiences of yesterday and having faith for the things of today and tomorrow.

When handled in a Godly manner, transition becomes the process whereby we capitalize on the events and experiences of the past, growing in Godly wisdom, and arriving at the next thing free of the disappointments and full of faith for the greater assignment.

My experience is that every event from my past, when handled and processed in God's grace and my hope in Him, is preparation for The Next Thing.

I'm in a next thing transition right now. Processing my past, walking in grace, resting in hope.

Partnership with God in His plan for creation requires that we grow and not weaken, hope and don't despair, advance and don't retreat.

On to greater things.

John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."


Click here for today's daily bread.