Saturday, February 7, 2009

Risks

It's not easy to take risks. Especially when it comes to people. People aren't as predictable as systems. They are fluid organisms with shifting priorities and allegiances. That is why marrying in the faith is so important. When I am confident that my wife loves the Lord her God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength, I am confident that her commitment to me will outlast any challenge.

Her love for God provides the backdrop for my love for her. My heart can safely trust in her because she trusts in Him. She would never do anything to intentionally dishonor her Father's Name. This brings me peace and confidence in the midst of a vulnerability that goes beyond any other.

It's still risky, but if we choose a life of taking few risks, we actually run the greatest risk of all - that of not fulfilling the call that God has on our lives (Matthew 25:14-30).

Count the cost and build.

Click here for today's daily bread.