Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fear of Change

Sometimes we are afraid of a new thought or revelation because of the change it might require in our lives. How will this affect my family? My friendships? My career plans? My habits? My worship? My prayer life?

It does us good to read a scripture "again for the first time" without fear of it changing the way we think about God or about ourselves. That doesn't mean that change won't come. It means that we need not fear the change, since it comes from Him.



I have adopted this habit recently, stripping away my preconceptions and trusting in His love, not my religious inclinations, to keep me centered in His will. Our essential awareness of the love of God is a great counter to any fears we may face, after all "perfect love casts out fear".

Q4U: What verse, chapter, or book of the Bible has most changed you?