Monday, February 22, 2010

An Open Door

"See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it..."  Revelation 3:8

I believe we are living in a time when the greatest conquests on the earth through the power of God's Holy Spirit are before us, as the most prepared people He has ever had.

There is, I am convinced, an open door before us...
But what will inspire us to move beyond the mind and heart clutter that keeps us fixed on this side of the door?

Clutter like...

Moses had:  “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” Exodus 4:10

Gideon had:  “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.”  Judges 6:15

The Disciples had:  "And they said to Him, 'We have here only five loaves and two fish.'” Matthew 14:17

The paralytic at the Bethesda Pool:  “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up..."  John 5:7

It seems that the things that discouraged these folks actually QUALIFIED them for God's intervention.

Look at it this way...

God has a welcome mat in front of this open door.  It's called Grace.  And there we wipe off the things that would hold us back and we go boldly - cleansed by His work - through the open door.

Q4U:  Who do you most identify with when looking at what holds you back?  Moses?  Gideon?  The paralytic?  The disciples?  Or someone else?